The 2019 Social Innovation Challenge finalists are:
Canada — Waste challenge:
- Virtuous Waste, which makes water-soluble packaging to limit pollution in waterways.
- Oru, which makes biodegradable packaging from coconuts and hibiscus.
- Localife, a community clean-up initiative, bulk food store and recycling-return center.
- Waste Vector, a waste processing and transport solution.
- Plastic Extrusion, a technology which converts plastic waste into “plastic lumber.”
U.S.A. — Water challenge:
- Team GCS Engineering, a water delivery and solar-powered filtration system
- Reach Relief, bicycle rentals outfitted with a water-purification system
- Splash, a sapwood filtration system
- H2Go, a centralized seawater purification and delivery system
- Hydro Rhino, an SMS platform for water delivery